Installing the WordPress pluginWhen you are using a WordPress version higher than 5.02 make sure you switched to the classic editor. Using the Gutenberg Block editor you currently cannot add shop components to pages. Learn more about the editor switch here.
1. In the administration area of your WordPress website, select Plugins and then Add New.
2. Enter ”ePages e-commerce“ into the search field in the upper right corner.
3. Select Install now for the ePages Online Shop plugin.
4. Select Activate this plugin.
5. In your shop’s administration area, select Help in the main menu.
6. At the bottom of the page, your API URL is displayed. Copy the API URL.
7. In the administration area of your WordPress website, select Online Shop.
8. Paste the complete API URL into the field which is shown below step 2.
9. Save the changes.
Your shop and your WordPress website are now connected. Your WordPress site is set to display products from your shop on pages or in blog posts.
Adding products to pages of your WordPress website1. In the administration area of your WordPress website, open the page or post you want to add products to.
2. Place the cursor where you want to display the products.
3. Select the button Add shop.
4. Here you can determine if you want to display all of your products or only products of a certain category. If you choose the latter, you can then define which category you want to display.
5. Select Appearance.
6. Here you can define if the following elements should be shown:
- A search field with which visitors can search for products
- A selected category
- The possibility to sort products by their name or price (ascending or descending)
7. Save the changes.
8. If you already published this page or post before, select Update. If not, select Publish.
The products are now displayed on that page or post and can be ordered by your visitors.
If you want to edit the settings for this page or post later on, open the page or post in the administration area of your WordPress site and select Edit for the shop element.